FAQs about Direct Energy
How do I pay my Direct Energy bill?
It’s never been easier to pay the bill for Direct Energy plans as the company gives you eight methods.
- Online: You can pay through Direct Energy’s website with a credit or debit card or an ACH transfer from your bank account. You’ll need to set up an online account manager.
- One-Time Payment: This is the fastest way to pay your Direct Energy bill and does not involve setting up the online account manager. All you need is your account number, ZIP code and payment method, which can be credit card, debit card or ACH bank transfer.
- Autopay: You can have your payment automatically deducted from your bank account or a credit or debit card. Once you set up your online account manager, you can sign up for this option.
- By phone: You can use Direct Energy’s automated phone system any day of the year, 24/7. Simply call 888-305-3828. Power-to-Go prepaid customers call 877-866-6601.
- By mail: If you’d like to pay by check or money order, you can mail it to Direct Energy at PO Box 660896, Dallas, TX 75266. The address for Power-to-Go prepaid customers is PO Box 180, Tulsa, OK 74101.
- In person: Direct Energy offers a number of places where you can pay in person by cash, check, money order or credit card. Use the Direct Energy in-person payment locator to find the location closest to you.
- Alexa: If you have an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, you can connect it to your Direct Energy online account manager and ask Alexa to pay your bill. You’ll need to have a preferred payment option set up in your online account manager.
- Mobile Wallet: You can set up Direct Energy’s Mobile Wallet on your iPhone or Android device and pair it with Apple Wallet or Google Pay. Your bill will be paid through the payment option you’ve set up in your online account manager.
How do I find my Direct Energy account number?
Your Direct Energy account number is located at the top of your invoice.
Where does Direct Energy get energy?
Direct Energy’s power comes from natural gas, coal and nuclear sources. Customers choosing a Make It Green plan receive Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to offset their usage. This power is from wind, solar, geothermal, hydro or biomass sources.
What services does Direct Energy provide?
There are many favorable Direct Energy reviews for the variety of its plans, including both fixed rate and variable rate options, along with 100 percent green plans, prepaid plans and time-of-use plans, such as free nights or free weekends. Customers can choose terms of month-to-month or 12, 24 or 36 months. While Direct Energy doesn’t have no-deposit plans, in certain instances, the deposit can be waived.